Originally published to TribLocal.com (Chicago Tribune) in Dec. 2011
For business owners, the holidays can be a great time to network and start connecting – or reconnecting – with people and set the stage for business in the coming year. Many companies, trade associations, Chambers of Commerce and other professional groups use the holiday party format as a way to bring people together in a less-than-businesslike environment, to eat, drink and exchange business cards.
In a departure from the regular early morning meetings held on the fourth Friday of each month, the Breakfast of Champions invited members and non-members alike to come together for a Holiday Business After Hours event to celebrate a year of great networking…with more networking, of course!
The 2011 event, sponsored by ATI Graphics, Inc. (http://www.atigraphics.com), a Highland Park based branding, graphic design and web development company founded in 1997 by Larry Bloom, helped fill the two month gap between regular morning events since the fourth Fridays of November and December conflict with the holidays. More importantly, it made the most of a season that is all about bringing people together and connecting.
“The holiday season is a time to celebrate a good year or lament a tough one. Add a bartender and a few door prizes and you’ve got yourself a festive networking event!” says Bloom.
For dedicated networkers, it is a time packed with opportunities, not a time for a “networking holiday.” No matter if the room is filled with business associates, family and friends or a hybrid mixture of all three, ‘tis the season to network!
- I Don’t Get Business Through My Website… Is Just A Big Fat Lie You Tell Yourself - February 6, 2017
- KILLING A TRADITION | Ending The Breakfast Of Champions Monthly Meetings - November 13, 2016
- WHO THE EFF HIRED THIS GUY? PINK SLIP YOUR WEBSITE AND MOVE ON! - October 14, 2016
- How I Became A Stand-Up Comedian In My Forties? Funny Story… - July 5, 2016
- Buckle Down And Take A Giant, Healthy Quit! - January 9, 2016
- HOW TO SELL YOUR CAR ON CRAIGSLIST (AND NOT BE MURDERED) - July 1, 2015
- What Is BOC | Networking And Why Should You Care? Glad You Asked. - June 29, 2015
- The Top 5 Reasons You Should Ignore “Top 5” Lists - November 14, 2014
- I Love Sliders. I Hate “Sliders.” - November 1, 2014
- Stay On The Grid: An Anecdotal Argument For The Connected Vacation - October 19, 2014