Five years ago, as the original organizer of the Breakfast Of Champions (BOC) networking meetings prepared to fold the group and move on to new endeavors, I found myself volunteering to lead the group, which meets each month at Max & Benny’s Restaurant, in Northbrook, Illinois, moving forward.
For a few years, I had been attending the group which had been in existence at that point for about eight years. It was such a welcoming and effective group, and an integral part of my own networking world, I felt that it should continue to be available to people. Before I knew it, I was gearing up to take the helm.
That was in mid-2010. Back then, the group took the summer off and returned in September. That first year, I led the group through the fall and into the winter. Then, I spent the bulk of 2011 rebranding and promoting the BOC. I build a web presence with a new website (www.boc-networking.com) and an active Facebook page (www.facebook.com/pages/Breakfast-of-Champions-Networking/165869390130416). I began sending out email reminders via ConstantContact, and making it possible for attendees to register and pre-pay online. I also added advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
These days, the BOC runs all year round and continues to grow. Attendance, which in 2010 held at about 25-35 attendees each month now averages 55-65 attendees. Since 2011, we have been capping each year with a large, free-to-attend, evening holiday party in December, featuring plenty of food and drinks, sponsored by my company, ATI Graphics, Inc., and a number of other BOC attendees.
My goal is always to bring new people into the group, and each month, about 20% of the people in the room are newcomers and guests. I’m not trying to change the world or offer educational programming. I am laser-focused on filling the room with CONNECTORS who really understand how to build long-term, trusting B2B relationships and are welcoming to those who may be new to networking.
That’s what it’s about. It’s not about harvesting leads and closing sales. All of that will come later, as an organic result of being a good networker and connector.
For more information about whether the BOC may be a good fit, click over to the FAQ page of the website.
GENERAL INFO ABOUT BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS NETWORKING:
WHEN: The BOC is held the 4th Friday of each month, unless otherwise indicated, and runs from 7:30 am – 9:00 am.
WHERE: Max & Benny’s Restaurant, Northbrook, IL, unless otherwise indicated on the registration form.
FEE: $15.00 (Pre-pay online or in cash or check* at the meeting)
*Checks should be made out to: ATI Graphics, Inc.
- BUILD VALUABLE B2B RELATIONSHIPS WITH DOZENS OF “CONNECTORS”
- CREATE DOZENS OF ADVOCATES FOR YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS!
- GOOD NETWORKING…DONE RIGHT, LEADS AND SALES WILL FOLLOW!
- ENJOY A FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST
- PARTICIPATE AS A “PRO ATTENDEE” FOR MORE EXPOSURE!
- ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
I hope to see you at the next–and many–BOC meeting!
- I Don’t Get Business Through My Website… Is Just A Big Fat Lie You Tell Yourself - February 6, 2017
- KILLING A TRADITION | Ending The Breakfast Of Champions Monthly Meetings - November 13, 2016
- WHO THE EFF HIRED THIS GUY? PINK SLIP YOUR WEBSITE AND MOVE ON! - October 14, 2016
- How I Became A Stand-Up Comedian In My Forties? Funny Story… - July 5, 2016
- Buckle Down And Take A Giant, Healthy Quit! - January 9, 2016
- HOW TO SELL YOUR CAR ON CRAIGSLIST (AND NOT BE MURDERED) - July 1, 2015
- What Is BOC | Networking And Why Should You Care? Glad You Asked. - June 29, 2015
- The Top 5 Reasons You Should Ignore “Top 5” Lists - November 14, 2014
- I Love Sliders. I Hate “Sliders.” - November 1, 2014
- Stay On The Grid: An Anecdotal Argument For The Connected Vacation - October 19, 2014